Monday, August 30, 2004

Here is a forwarded email i got:

A few days ago, a person near Kollam (Kerala) was recharging his cellphone at home. Just at that time a call came and he attended to that call with the instrument still connected to the mains. After a few seconds electricity flowed into the cellphone unrestrained and the young man was thrown to the ground with a heavy thud. His parents rushed to the room only to find him unconscious, with weak heartbeats and burnt fingers. He was rushed to the nearby hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.

Cellphone is a very useful modern invention. However, we must be aware that it can also be an instrument of death. NEVER use the cellphone while it is hooked to the mains!

and accompanied by this picture ... what does one say to that ....

No comments: